Help your kids make these attractive and intelligent crafts by making use of the cardboard tubes from paper towels and toilet paper rolls. So, here is how you can lift up your treats for the next party!
What You Will Need:
- Corrugated cardboard
- 2 toilet-paper tubes
- Hot glue
- Gesso (optional, for brighter color)
- Craft paint
- Edge punch (or pinking shears)
- Colored cardstock (or ribbon)
- Adhesive dots
- Slice a 12-inch, 9-inch and 5-inch circle from the cardboard.
- Mark the heart of each disc, beginning from the center point to each of the 4 sides so that the distance is the same.
- Put a tube in the middle of each circle and draw around it with a pencil.
- Beginning with the 5-inch base, draw the outline with hot glue, then put the tube on top and put in extra glue around the closure. Fix the bottom of the 12-inch disc to the crest of the tube. Reiterate these steps to join the 9-inch circle on top.
- You can gesso the whole stand, if you wish to and leave it to dry up. Now paint one to two layers.
- To add trim, you need to cut the card-stock into 1-inch-wide strips to wrap the edges of the 12-inch and 9-inch rounds. You have some possibilities to include an attractive edge. You can use an edge punch, slice a scalloped trim using pinking shears on one side, or you can make use of a piece of ribbon. Fasten to the circles with adhesive dots. To create the base, cut a ¼-inch-wide strip of card-stock or ribbon.
- Your DIY sweet stand is ready to use.
Wondrbox is known to provide great craft ideas for kids. We help to keep your child busy with exciting and fun filled arts and crafts for kids falling in every age group keeping him away from the mobile phones and televisions. Place your order now and see what sets Wondrbox apart from the rest. Know more at https://wondrbox.com/.